Download PDF Data Sheet
TVN V206 Axial Silent Check Valve, also known as non-slam check valves and spring-assisted check valves reduce or eliminate water hammer and its effects.
Water hammer refers to the high-pressure shock waves that occur when the flow of fluid abruptly stops (due to pump shut down or a valve disc quickly closing) in a piping system. When water hammer occurs, the resulting flow reversal places severe stress on the pipe, endangering its structural integrity, and opening it to potential rupture and damage. Swing check valves, tilting disc check valves, and double door check valves, among others, often contribute to water hammer problems.
To control water hammer and reverse flow, the use of silent check valves is recommended. When the source moving the fluid shuts down and the forward flow of the fluid decreases, the specially designed stainless steel spring action of the silent check valve controls the valve disc closure to occur prior to flow reversal. This spring assist insures that the valve does not slam shut, and the occurrence of water hammer is eliminated.
- Transmission pipeline compressor discharge
- Water treatment
- Cooling water system (Ethylene, LNG)
- Multiphase pumping
- Subsea pump and flowline application
- Hydropower installations
- Potable water transmission systems
- V106 Double Eccentric Butterfly Valve
- V151 Gate Valve
- V852 Basket Strainer
- V251 Dismantling Joint
Axial Silent Check Valve Product Features
- Streamlined flow path through full-port expanded body avoids turbulence and prevents erosion and vibration. Process downtime and maintenance costs are eliminated.
- The full opening flow passage and high-pressure recovery of the venturi-shaped body result in very low pressure loss: reduced operating cost of pumps and compressors.
- The stability of a compressor system during startup benefits from a low cracking pressure. This is achieved with a large disc that has identical effective pressure areas on both sides (line contact sealing).
- The spring-assisted design ensures ultra-fast closing with virtually no back flow and pressure surges in critical applications such as multi-pump systems or LNG trains.
- Internal construction is based on the application of sound basic mechanical engineering principles. Consequently axial check valves do not require any maintenance.
- Both the pressure drop and the dynamic behavior can be predicted with great accuracy, based on full-scale laboratory flow tests and a mathematical model developed in cooperation with a recognized fluid hydraulics laboratory.
- Hydrostatic test pressure for seat: PN x 1.1 , for shell: PN x 1.5 according to EN 12266-1.