Download PDF Data Sheet
TVN V801 Globe Valves are commonly used as an on/off valve, but they may be used for throttling systems. The gradual change in spacing between the disk and seat ring gives the globe valve good throttling ability. These linear motion valves can be used in a variety of applications as long as the pressure and temperature limits are not exceeded, and the process does not require special materials to combat corrosion.
- Boiling water systems
- Steam boilers and steam systems
- Pressurized air systems
- Chemical fluids (Acidic and nonalkaline fluids)
- Ammonia and oil transfer
- V200 Lift Check Valve
- V851 Y-Strainer
- V207 Disc-o Check Valve
- V601 Axial Expansion Joint
- Globe valves, so-called because of their outside shape, are widely used in plant piping.
- Suitable for high temperature usage.
- Suitable for manual and automatic operation.
- Compared with a gate valve or ball valve, the globe valve has considerably higher pressure loss in the fully open position.
- By simply rotating the hand wheel, the rate at which the commodity flows through the valve can be adjusted to any desired level.
- Globe valves can be used for both gas and liquid systems.
- The disk, valve stem, and the hand wheel are the moving parts in the valve body.
- The body is available in three different designs depending on the application as well as three different types of disks.