V451 Foot Valve with Check Valve is designed to be installed on the suction side of a pump. The purpose of a valve is to maintain pump prime between pumping cycles. A strainer prevents debris from entering the piping system. They are designed to minimize head loss and optimize pumping efficiency.
- Reservoir Lakes
- Dam Sites
- Seawater Applications
- Suction Lines
- V851 Y-Strainer
- V852 Basket Strainer
- V651 Rubber Expansion Joint
- V151 Gate Valve
- V106 Butterfly Valve
Foot Valve with Check Valve Product Features
- Spring loaded foot valve for pumping stations, water treatment and supply, networks clean water distribution, irrigation, and re protection networks.
- They are an inexpensive way to maintain prime on a single centrifugal pump.
- It is designed with a 10% larger flow area (including heavy stainless steel strainer) than the pipe size to insure minimal head loss.
- The valve shall be globe style, flanged with resilient seal against metal; provide full flow equal to valve size and shut-off silently.
- A heavy gauge 360 degree, stainless steel strainer (not plated steel) having a flow-thru area of at least three times that of the foot valve flow area shall be connected to the outside diameter of the inlet flange.
- The foot valve provides years of trouble free operation at low or high pressures.
- Full Flow Foot Valves designed to have the high quality, long wearing construction necessary for valves that are continually submerged in a wet well and not readily accessible for inspection or repair.
- The seal cannot be damaged from compression and pump prime is always assured.
- A 360 degree stainless steel strainer is provided standard with three times flow-through area of the foot valve size.
- Hydrostatic test pressure for seat: PN x 1.1 , for shell: PN x 1.5 according to EN 12266-1.